Happy Halloween!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012
I'll admit it. I don't really like Halloween.  I don't like dressing up. I don't like pretending I'm something I'm not. I don't like talking to strangers. (As a kid, knocking on someone's door and saying "Trick or Treat" was difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. It helped that there was some immediate positive reinforcement.) Anyway, putting aside all of that, I really do love sewing Halloween costumes for my kids. And, even though those costumes aren't ready yet, here are two Halloween related items I just took down to the boutique.

I really like hand-dying the onesies. Such cute results! I kind of wish I had put a bat on both onesies, but really like when things are plain and simple too. I kept the skirt plain black so it can be used on other occasions. I can't help but be incredibly practical. (Thanks mom!) The flower on the skirt is removable too so it can be worn on the shirt, or on a headband, or, not at all if you're not into that sort of thing. (Yeah, I'm not really into that sort of thing, but I'm trying to please the people!)

I do love the felt bat and even my little sweeties now want orange shirts with bats. They loved it. I had no idea they liked those horrible creatures. I suppose they've never been stormed by a real bat before. That would surely cure them. (As I shudder. I think, if my memory serves me right, I've had that experience. If not, I've surely dreamed it because it feels real.)...




1 comment:

  1. so very cute, practical(as much as a Halloween item can be) and it looks like you are very busy... The skirts are still my all time favorite.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing.

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design