I might be a fabric hoarder..

Wednesday, February 13, 2013
The other day, I headed to JoAnn Fabrics to get just a couple yards of gray fabric. I went in, immediately headed to the cutting counter to pull my number to save my place in line, then headed over to find the fabric I needed. I found it, picked it up, then started wandering around until my number was called. I didn't think I had much time, so it was more of a frantic wandering. I had left the kids at home, yes, supervised, and so I was going to make the most of this shopping trip! I decided to take a short walk around the quilter's showcase fabrics, pretty much expecting to not find anything I liked. JoAnn's doesn't usually have fabric I LOVE, but then, I saw this...



and kind of went a little crazy. I bought some of every color they had, minus the light pink. I was a little sad that they didn't have it in green, someone must like green as much as I do, and must have bought it all.
I am one of those people that still likes chevrons. I know. I guess if they are finally at JoAnn's then they are probably really on their way out. But I'll still love the pattern.
I've told myself that I am not a fabric hoarder, as long as I use the fabric within one year of purchase...Don't ask to see my fabric stash that is older than that...it might be big!?! Anyway, I made my first project with the navy chevron this morning.

I love them.


And to those who don't like chevrons or little padded hangers, I say, fine. I won't make you, but you might be crazy.
Kristin

1 comment:

  1. I bought several of those (and yes, I got green) and made little cosmetic bags.(www.emmepurse.etsy.com) I went back for more to fill a custom order, and of course JoAnn's is ALL OUT! grrr. I googled "quilter's showcase small chevron" and found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing.

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design