Applique

Saturday, March 1, 2014

I just made this fun minky (minkee, cuddle fabric, whatever you call it!) pillow for a neighbor. Did you know that appliqueing on minky isn't hard at all? I looked all over the internet for tips and tricks about appliqueing cotton onto minky and couldn't find any info so I just went for it! I'm glad I did because it was easy as pie (although I've never made a pie because isn't pie crust hard to make?!) and came out perfectly. I was careful to not iron the dots, but other than that, I just used the tip of my iron to iron down the applique and then used a tiny zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine to secure.


And my favorite part of the whole project? That bow on the button! I think it adds the cutest finishing touch to this sweet little pillow. :)


Thanks for visiting!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for sharing.

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design