Rainy Days

Thursday, March 27, 2014
I realized yesterday, that when the weather is gloomy and sad, I like to call people on the phone just to chat away the time. That means I ended up spending quite a bit of time talking with my sisters yesterday! We cover all the topics: food, kids, exercising, clothes, sewing, you name it, we probably talked about it.

And over the course of our meandering conversation (don't you love how conversations do that!), my younger sister mentioned that her girls like playing 'store.' They have the fake food, a little cash register, and even a little grocery cart (I think. I may have added the grocery cart in my head.)

But what their store is without, is miniature grocery bags. And more specifically, little market bags that look remarkably like the real thing. Even down to having the repeating red THANK YOU on them. So, being a sucker for miniature things, I decided to make one. Right then.


 It's not exactly like the real thing, but a very cute version if I may say so. Yikes, I love it!





 I guess rainy days are good for something! (Well, something other than putting all that wonderful water in our lakes and rivers.)

Kristin

7 comments:

  1. Kristin,

    This is way too cute! Do you think you have seen too many grocery bags in your day??? It could double as a fun trick or treat bag for a little one who doesn't remember to say "thank you" verbally...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I guess working at the grocery store for 7 years means I did see plenty of plastic bags. I do like the idea of using it for Halloween too. I suppose I'll have a new project for Halloween. I'm thinking glow in the dark lettering?!?

      Delete
  2. Love it, will you share with us how you did it please!!!!!! I want to make one for my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tish, I will try to get a tutorial up soon! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! I'm with Trish. I would LOVE a tutorial, or I would gladly pay for a pattern! I would make these for the local schools that have a 'grocery store'. I'd even make a bigger version for me to take on my trips to the real store! Would like to know how you did the Thank You lettering as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, the tutorial is up...finally! Check it out here: http://grandmaschalkboard.blogspot.com/2014/05/have-you-ever-peeked-in-on-your-kids.html

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for sharing.

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design